I was intending to start writing some more serious posts, but I’ve been so bogged down with school that I don’t have the time (and I’d feel guilty). However, I can still post the occasional funny Youtube video. I think this may be from a commercial or something, but it’s still funny. I was surprised by just how catastrophic it was.
As part of my internship with a historian at Caltech, I have been scanning microfilm of 9th century French manuscripts. One of them had some very intriguing (if amateurish) pictures of birds, and they inspired me to try and embroider one of them. I normally only do embroidery from pre-packaged kits, so this process is going to be very experimental.
The bird at the bottom looked to some people like it was dead, and to others like it was really a lizard. I decided to rehabilitate it by getting rid of its claw (intended to be a wing by the original scribe, I believe) and replacing it with wings, as well as by fixing its head. I traced the whole thing onto a new piece of paper to do that.